CUTERA, INC., a leading provider of laser, light and other energy-based aesthetic systems for practitioners worldwide, announced today the U.S. limited commercial launch of truSculpt® flex, the Company’s new muscle sculpting platform. truSculpt flex is FDA-cleared for the improvement of abdominal tone, strengthening of the abdominal muscles, and development of a firmer abdomen. It is also cleared for the strengthening, toning, and firming of buttocks and thighs.
“We are proud to be the first aesthetics laser company to offer a muscle toning system that treats up to eight areas simultaneously, covering the largest treatment area in the body sculpting industry,” said Jason Richey, COO and Interim CEO of Cutera. “The truSculpt flex technology is further differentiated from other devices through its proprietary Multi- Directional Stimulation (MDS) technology that delivers three distinct treatment modes by replicating intensified crunch, squat and twisting actions. Furthermore, truSculpt flex extends our strong momentum in the $1 billion body sculpting market as the system’s muscle toning technology perfectly complements our truSculpt iD fat reduction technology. truSculpt flex is another significant step forward in shaping the future of aesthetics.”
Dr. Michael Somenek, Plastic Surgeon, Washington DC, a leading investigator for the truSculpt flex clinical studies, stated, “Cutera has done it again by partnering with leading physicians in the aesthetics industry to develop leading-edge technology. During the clinical study for truSculpt flex, our practice was very pleased with how the technology performed, and delivered, real, personalized muscle toning results for patients. This technology opens up the possibilities for any aesthetics provider looking to offer best-in-class muscle toning services.”
Research shows the market for fitness, mind and body services was $595B in 20171 with an increase of 14.5% in body shaping procedures year over year.2 Further, 60 million people are paying members at gyms and health clubs.3
About truSculpt flex
truSculpt flex is a muscle sculpting device that is clinically proven to strengthen, firm, and tone the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs.
- Eight areas treated simultaneously, covering the largest treatment area in the body sculpting industry
- Personalized to meet patients’ fitness level, shape, and goals.
- Three treatment modes in the same session simulates different workouts by replicating intensified twisting, squat, and crunch actions.
- Prep Mode- creates a twisting motion to warm up, stretch the muscles and slowly build a tolerance to muscle contractions
- Tone Mode- contracts the muscles, holds it to the point of exhaustion, and then relaxes it to increase strength and enhance endurance
- Sculpt Mode- fast, deep, sequential contractions of the muscles for building muscle mass.
- Proprietary Multi-Directional Stimulation (MDS)
- Direct delivery of electrical current to stimulate muscle contractions without energy wastage
- Treats specific muscle groups using three treatment mode options
- Customizable handpiece configuration and placement locations
- Target multiple, specific small and large muscle groups with no downtime
- Low levels of energy achieve deep, full muscle contractions at high intensity
- Proprietary handpiece design with truGel
- Safe and consistent results
- Targeted, selective, and customizable delivery with less energy
Commercial shipments of truSculpt flex will begin immediately.
About Cutera, Inc.
Brisbane, California-based Cutera is a leading provider of laser and other energy-based aesthetic systems for practitioners worldwide. Since 1998, Cutera has been developing innovative, easy-to-use products that enable physicians and other qualified practitioners to offer safe and effective aesthetic treatments to their patients. For more information, call +1 415-657- 5500 or 1-888-4CUTERA or visit cutera.com.
1. Global Wellness Institute
2. Medical Insight
3. International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association